Time to get to work! I picked up this kit at a GameStop out of a goshapon machine for $3. I had a hard time picking a color scheme to paint, then I remembered I had these paint sets I got a while back to try color modulation. I could have done better blending the colors, but overall I'm happy with it.
Primed and ready for paint
I tried pre shading for the first time. The lines came out ok, I could've been more steady with my hand. I ended up painting way too heavy, covering all the preshading. Oh well, I'll get it right next time :)
These are the paints I used. They come in sets of 4 (3 shown here, the florescent orange isn't part if the set), and are meant to compliment each other. I started with CP06 Smatt Blue on top of the head, then blended it with CP07 Wistera Blue in 2 more stages, working from the top to bottom. I mixed CP05 Aqua Green with the CP06 and CP07 blend, then added a little green and white to get the green for the energy cables. I'm going to paint one of the energy cable beads florescent orange for a little pop and asymmetry.
My first try didn't come out great. It was supposed to be dark on top to light on bottom, but I went a little too far on the second color.
The green came out just like I wanted, love that shade!
After a second pass on top with the first blue, I had better results. I also sprayed it around the edges.
Next up will be decals , panel lining and some detail painting. For decals, I have some standard warning decals but I really think an element of graffiti would look cool. There are some model train graffiti decals and some nail decals I'm looking at, I'm gonna try both and see what's up.
Until next time, keep building!