Vincent Longa

RG Zaku II 7

Vincent Longa
RG Zaku II 7

 

Time for an update! I've mostly been doing clean up and touch up, but I also did the weapons which I was putting off for some reason. The Mr Metal Color paints shoot so well through an airbrush! I also finished up the decals. I would be just 1 step away from completing his kit except for a part that broke. More on that blow...

 

Looking good! 

Looking good! 

These tiny thrusters on the front required me to mask around them before painting. Painting them before resulted in the paint being chipped off when I put them in. I'm hoping when I take the masking tape off there won't be any issues, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm afraid the paint will stick to it and it will pull the thruster out when I take it out. Hmm, I'll just have to wait and see. 

These tiny thrusters on the front required me to mask around them before painting. Painting them before resulted in the paint being chipped off when I put them in. I'm hoping when I take the masking tape off there won't be any issues, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm afraid the paint will stick to it and it will pull the thruster out when I take it out. Hmm, I'll just have to wait and see. 

These guys turned out good! 

These guys turned out good! 

Resting on a cotton swab, drying

Resting on a cotton swab, drying

Went a bit off script with the A12 decal. 

Went a bit off script with the A12 decal. 

The pink is one piece that slides in from the back, I had to sand and re-paint it, glad I did because it looks much better. 

The pink is one piece that slides in from the back, I had to sand and re-paint it, glad I did because it looks much better. 

Here is my problem piece. 

Here is my problem piece. 

Here is that same piece after I tried to strip it for the third time. I'm going to have to use glue, maybe putty and pla plate. This is definitely going to stretch my skills and I'm not looking forward to it. I AM looking forward to learning from this and the satisfaction of almost scratch building a piece.

Here is that same piece after I tried to strip it for the third time. I'm going to have to use glue, maybe putty and pla plate. This is definitely going to stretch my skills and I'm not looking forward to it. I AM looking forward to learning from this and the satisfaction of almost scratch building a piece.

That's all for now, more updates soon. Until next time, keep building (and repairing)!